Vitamin A Skin Science Book
Vitamin A Skin Science – a scientific guide to healthy skin is the long-awaited in-depth text book written by Dr Des Fernandes and Dr Ernst Eiselen, experts in advanced vitamin skin care therapy.
This amazing new book contains the very latest skincare wisdom in text, illustrations and photographs that will change the way skin professionals treat and deal with skin problems.
It doesn’t stop at revealing the benefits and myths about vitamin A, it’s packed with expert information about a multitude of topics that information-hungry therapists will want to explore.
“Every now and then someone comes along who changes the game forever. That’s what Des Fernandes has done with his vitamin A research. This is the work of a man who refused to let skin cancer have the final say.” Dr. Theo Rousseau, Plastic Surgeon
The book represents the combined knowledge of two dedicated and experienced medical practitioners whose firm belief in the beneficial properties of vitamin A and other antioxidants for the skin has led them to want to share this vital information with the world.
“The first and the last word on vitamin therapy for the skin comes from Des Fernandes.” Prof. Matthias Aust, Plastic Surgeon.
It covers many areas relating to skin:
- Introduction and Background
- A Perspective on Modern Skin Care
- The Structure of the Skin
- The Sun and Free Radicals
- The Prevention of Photoageing: Sun Protection
- The Chemistry of Vitamin A
- The Role of Vitamin A in Photoageing
- My Personal Experience with Using Vitamin-A-Based Skin Care Products, by Dr Des Fernandes
- The Safety of Vitamin A by Mouth and Applied to the Skin
- Antioxidant Vitamins: C, E, and Others
- Other Important Molecules for Protecting Skin
- Other Molecules to Rejuvenate Skin: Alpha and Beta-Hydroxy Acids and Others
- Skin Peeling
- When Skin Care is not Enough: Enhanced Skin Penetration with Iontophoresis and Sonophoresis
- The Principles of Cellular Communication
- Skin Needling